Did You Know
Garlic is one of the oldest food flavorings that as discovered in ancient times. Archeological records speak that this seasoning plant was used even in Neolithic times, more than 8 thousand years ago.
Garlic contains many trace minerals which are important for normal functioning of our metabolism. Among them are copper, iron, magnesium, germanium, zinc and selenium.
Consumption of garlic reduces cholesterol level and increases immunity. It is beneficial in cough, cold, fever, garlic has abiotic antiviral, antifungal properties. It removes allergies and improves metabolism.
Garlic helps to manage skin disorders like infections and acne due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties. Garlic oil can be applied to the skin for managing ringworm, warts as well as parasites. Applying hair pack made from Garlic paste and honey promotes hair growth and removes excessive dryness due to its Snigdha (oily) property.
- Garlic helps to manage atherosclerosis by reducing bad cholesterol. This is because high cholesterol is due to an imbalance of Pachak Agni (digestive fire). Impaired digestion at the tissue level produces excess waste products or Ama (toxic remains in the body due to improper digestion). This causes accumulation of bad cholesterol and blockage in the blood vessels. Including Garlic in the daily diet improves Agni and corrects impaired digestion due to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive) properties.
- Diabetes also known as Madhumeha is due to an aggravation of Vata and impaired digestion. Impaired digestion leads to an accumulation of Ama (toxic remains in the body due to improper digestion) in the pancreatic cells and impairs the function of insulin. Regular intake of Garlic helps to correct impaired digestion and reduces Ama. This is due to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive) properties.
- An increase in weight is due to unhealthy food habits and lifestyle which leads to a weak digestive fire. This increases accumulation of Ama causing an imbalance in meda dhatu. Garlic is useful to control obesity as it helps improve metabolism and reduce Ama. This is due to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive) properties. It balances Meda dhatu and thus reduces obesity.
What happens when you eat Garlic on an empty stomach?
If Garlic is eaten on an empty stomach it helps promote digestive fire. It also keeps your digestion better due to its Deepan (appetizer) properties.
Is it better to eat Garlic raw or cooked?
Garlic can be taken raw for getting maximum results. But if you have digestive problems like hyperacidity it is better to eat after cooking. This is because Garlic has Tikshna (Strong) and Ushna (hot) potency.
How can I eat Garlic without getting bad breath?
1. Take raw Garlic with any oil like olive oil, sunflower oil etc.
2. Chew some mouth freshner like fresh mint, cardamom etc, fennel after eating raw Garlic.
3. Drink a small glass of milk, green tea or coffee
How do I eat Garlic in the morning?
The best way to take Garlic in the morning is to swallow 2-3 pods of Garlic with lukewarm water.
Can Garlic cause liver damage?
No, in fact Garlic helps to improve digestion and liver functioning by promoting healthy Agni (digestive fire). It helps in quick digestion of food due to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive) properties. It also clears the channels and activates enzymes that can flush out toxins from the liver.
There are no reviews yet.