Did You Know
Cloves were traded by Muslim sailors and merchants during the Middle Ages in the profitable Indian Ocean trade, the clove trade is also mentioned by famous Arabian Nights characters such as Sinbad the Sailor are known to have bought and sold cloves from India.
Clove oil can help prevent mosquito bites due to its excellent mosquito repellent property. Consuming Clove churna or applying Clove oil to the skin of the penis might help prevent premature ejaculation.
- Clove helps to improve premature ejaculation due to its Vajikarana property which helps to increase sexual activity.
- Clove gives relief in case of cough as it acts as an expectorant and has antimicrobial activity due to its Kapha and Pitta balancing properties.
- Clove improves digestion and reduces the risk of formation of gas due to its Deepan (appetizer) and Pachan (digestive) properties.
- Clove helps to control vomiting and nausea as it improves digestion and reduces gastric irritability by creating a soothing effect due its Sita (cold) and Pitta balancing properties.
How can I make Clove oil at home?
To make Clove oil at home:
1. Put 1 teaspoon of whole Cloves in a pan over medium heat and saute for a few minutes.
2. Collect the Cloves in a mortar and pestle.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of olive into it and crush the Cloves.
4. You can dip a cotton bud into the oil and use directly for toothache or sore gums.
5. You can also pour the oil in a dark-glass bottle and store at room temperature.
How to use Clove oil for the treatment of Scabies?
Clove oil has potent antimicrobial, antioxidant and anesthetic properties that can be used in various ways to manage Scabies. It is important to use it carefully and can cause harm if not diluted with a carrier oil or cream. Some ways in which it can used are:
1. Add a drop of Clove oil to a handful of moisturizer/ cream and apply to the affected area.
2. Add 5-6 drops of Clove oil to warm bath water and soak in this water for about 20 minutes.
3. Combine 10 drops of Clove oil with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Rub it onto the affected area twice a day.
Are Cloves good for cough?
Yes, Cloves helps in managing cough due to its anti-inflammatory property. It also has anti-microbial activity and inhibits the growth of bacteria and virus. Cloves also act as an expectorant that helps in expelling mucus secretions. Thereby, reducing inflammations and cough.
Does Clove help in diarrhea?
Yes, Cloves help in case of diarrhea as it has germicidal (substance that kills germs) effect. It helps in the elimination of parasites and controls loose motions and indigestion. It is also useful in relieving the symptoms of diarrhea.
Can Clove cure acne?
Yes, Cloves might help control acne. It has antibacterial property which effectively kill cells and biofilms of bacteria S.aures which causes acne.
There are no reviews yet.